If you didn’t bring your bike with you, you don’t own one, or you’ve found your bike isn’t suited to the riding you are looking to do, don’t worry.
Many of our local shops offer mountain bike rental fleets. Several also offer demo bikes. Price points range from ridiculously cheap to reasonable. You can get a basic bike for as little as $25 per day. Or you can get this year’s carbon fiber, super plush demo bike for closer to $100 per day.
During the busiest weeks of the summer (usually the month of July), you definitely want to call ahead and make a reservation. Just find a shop closer to where you’re staying and give them a call. Our shops all have great staff members who can help you find the right rental bike for your riding style and price point.
Gunnison Shops with Mountain Bike Rentals:
- All Sports Replay: (970) 641-1893
- Tomichi Cycles: (970) 641-9069
Crested Butte Shops with Mountain Bike Rentals:
- The Alpineer: (970) 349-5210
- Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven: (970) 349-0515
- Crested Butte Sports: (970) 349-7516
- Flatiron Sports: (970) 349-6656
- Handle Bar Bike Shop: (602) 622-3772
- Peak Sports: (970) 349-6121
If you know you want to try out the nicest, newest bikes, many of our local shops can help you out with that, too. This is a great way to go if you’re in the market for a new bike, but you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for.